Friday, June 6, 2008

Trip to the Campo

I´m going on a trip with Cedesol´s executive director, Dave, and some others that is supposed to last five or six days, so this might be the last post for a while. We´re going either east or north, out of the mountains and into the semi-tropical lowlands. It could be either really buggy or freezing cold, if the prevailing wind is coming from the south pole. I´ve packed to be ready for anything.

The Hitchiker´s Guide to the Galaxy says that every good hitchiker should have a towel and know where it´s at at all times. The rationale is that a towel is an item with a number of uses: blanket, tent, air filter if you put it over your face, and, if it´s still clean, a way to dry yourself off after a shower. I think there´s some sort of wisdom in that, that the ones who really have it together "know where their towels are at." Needless to say, mine´s sitting in the bottom of my backpack along with my other warm clothes and a copy of Walden.

Happy travels all of my friends abroad and happy days to my friends and family at home. Until later!

Drew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hitchiker´s Guide to the Galaxy is a great book! Unfortunately forgot to bring a copy with me lol.

But c'mon drew, we're all waiting in suspense...did you end up going East or North??

Caio from Togo
Ali

Peter Kolis said...

::crosses his fingers and waits to hear how the trip went::

Peter Kolis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.