Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Bloody Monday

OK, I guess I really need to stop posting every day because Katie Norris isn´t even in a foreign country and I´m posting more often than her. If you keep up with those sort of things (bottom link on the "other blogs you should read" section. I posted today. She didn´t. I swear I´m not going crazy because I blew past crazy without really looking at it many years before now.)

But: Monday. Bloody Monday.

It actually wasn´t that bad. But there´s just some intangible thing called "The monday factor" which makes you insert that sort of adjective. Since no one really tells me what to do at the foundation, I find ways to be useful. Today I started a grant application and then wrote a letter in Spanish to a Japanese agency concerned with Bolivian development. Ah, the times of grantwriting. Later on I helped unload the truck after some of the guys came back from a demonstration in the countryside. We unloaded the solar box cooker, thought we were done, and then Dave rather brusquely told me to finish unloading the truck. Fine, fine. I thought we were done. We grabbed a very heavy twin-burner rocket stove, some of the ceramic tiles used to make combustion chambers, chimnys, miscellania. Got off work around 6:30, and me and Andrea went to the mall and ate some very bad pizza. We also have a shared love of pizza, which I discovered in college when I realized I was eating an unhealthy amount of it. She promised to take me to a real pizza place this week. I didn´t know you could get Italian here but apparently you can. My surprise kind of reminds me of the scene in My Cousin Vinny when Marissa Tome steps out of the car, puts one spike heel in the Alabama mud, snaps a picture with a pink disposable camera, and says, "I bet their Chinese food is terrible."

For any of you who´ve seen the movie My Cousin Vinny, that is.

Also, thanks Steve.

Peace all and God bless,
Drew

1 comment:

Katie said...

hey Drew,
you sound stressed...
and i like that you try to post everyday. I wish I could be more dilegent about posting. I was just in WV though visiting Senia and I didn't have access to a computer.

anyways, have you been meeting any of the locals or anyone our age?

hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Katie