Thursday, May 22, 2008

La fiesta de Corpus Christi

Today, Thursday, is the feast of Corpus C´hristi, or the Body of Christ. In Cochabamba, it´s a pretty big holiday, or at least it´s big enough so that everyone takes a day off from work. I, however, didn´t know this, and got up at 7 A.M. as usual for breakfast. How I´m Catholic and didn´t know about the feast of Corpus Christi I´ll never know.

Today, my family had their larger family over for lunch. It was kind of like Thanksgiving, except shorter and without a football game on T.V. But everyone was talking, usually too quickly for me to understand, and seemed to be having a good time. And the food was good. So today was pretty great.

1 comment:

Peter Kolis said...

Hmm... I did not know about that either. Never too late to celebrate, though :)

I´m facing the same type of thing -- I need to see a problem, create my own job here, and then see it through.

Good luck!